Alright, so you just started renting a house with a few roommates and have some extra stuff. What are your options at this point?
- Try to make it all fit a la Hoarders
- Throw it away or donate to Goodwill
- Sell the extra stuff
Let’s say you choose option 3 – sell the extra stuff. After all, the whole reason you rented a house is because you needed to save money in the first place. Ready to get selling?
- Clean up your stuff.
- Take pictures.
- Find the cable to transfer the pictures to your computer.
- Figure out how to actually get the files on your computer.
- Do some image editing so the pictures present the item.
- Research how much the item is worth.
- Decide where to post the ad – for most, this is Craigslist.
- Write the ad, using HTML to format. Get nervous about posting your phone number.
- Wait for the emails, which you must respond to quickly, because Craigslist buyers are notoriously noncommittal.
- Meet with the potential buyers, either at your rented house or at another location. Remember likelihood of buyer being late or not showing up at all.
- Possibly negotiate the price with buyer.
- If your item doesn’t sell, remember to repost it again or else it won’t sell ever.
Excellent! Just 12 easy steps for you to make $10! Yeah, after all that, I’d rather just throw it away too.
But now there’s OTTNOT, the online selling service. We do all of the above for you – and get you a better price too. How? Years of online marketing and ecommerce experience means we know the best ways of selling online. Many times, Craigslist is NOT the best way to go … and many times it is. But how can you beat this process?
- Tell OTTNOT you got something to sell.
- OTTNOT picks it up from you and sells it.
- You get a check in the mail.
Easy as 1, 2, 3! So, what do you have to sell?